TRF members have assisted for many years at these events and found it
a fulfilling experience. The horse event Organisers obtain landholders’
permission for trail riders to ride in places we cannot usually enjoy
- forestry tracks, bridleways, and private land. They aim to minimise
hard surfaces, so we are able to ride on almost continuous off-tarmac,
enjoying some breathtaking scenery on the way. At the same time we gain
a public relations benefit and also a valuable donation to use mainly
for rights of way research.
How we can help.
- Marking the route
- Report problems to Organisers
- Checking the route on ride day
- 'Sweep' the route to ensure all horse-riders clear
- Clear markers after the event.
Cross-Country Trials TRF members
also have extensive experience at cross-country trials - where they
circulate to collect scores from jump judges.
Getting Started Steve
West is the DORSET TRF
and can give you more information. (tel